In an effort to improve IPPE and APPE quality and standardize learning activities, the Office of Experiential Programs (OEP) implemented a novel Regional Coordinator model, with part-time pharmacist faculty throughout Florida serving as liaisons between the OEP, preceptors, and students for regions within the state. Regional Coordinators provide site and preceptor support, review and provide input on student evaluations, and conduct site visits.
Regional Coordinators ensure appropriate IPPE and APPE site and preceptor selection and approval, monitor ongoing IPPE and APPE site quality, respond to and resolve urgent student, preceptor, and site issues as needed, and coordinate planning for site utilization, scheduling, and planning to ensure students have access to quality IPPE and APPE sites and preceptors.
To find your Regional Coordinator, please view the Faculty & Staff page.
CEI Training Modules
The Office of Experiential Programs offers free continuing education, or CE, credit for our UF College of Pharmacy preceptors through the Collaborative Education Institute, or CEI.
Modules offered include:
- The Role of the Preceptor
- Developing Your Rotation
- Giving Constructive Feedback
- Crucial Conversations
- Fostering Interprofessional Education
For free access to the offerings, you will need a pass code. Please review the document in CORE titled “CEImpact Preceptor Subscription Instructions” for more information on how to obtain the free access.
- PRECEPTORx (Office of Experiential Programs Preceptor Newsletter)
Town Hall Sessions
- Assessment Tool and EPAs (November 2018, December 2018, January 2019)
- Student Honors Projects and Portfolios / Required Activities (May 2019, June 2019)
- ACPE Preceptor Survey Follow-up (December 2019, January 2020)
- IPPE Updates (April 2020)
- Experiential Education Rules of the Road 2020-2021 (June 2020)
- CORE Q&A and ACPE Preceptor Survey 2020 (October, December 2020)
- Experiential Education Navigating the Highway (May 2021, June 2021)