There are four awards to be presented to students at the end of the year and based on APPE rotations 1-5. Each award has its own distinctive criteria, please click a specific award name below to nominate a student.
Best Practices of Professionalism Award
- Eligibility: All Pharm.D. students enrolled in the UF College of Pharmacy are eligible for a Best Practices of Professionalism Award. This award is designed to recognize all students who exhibit outstanding professionalism.
- Award: Certificate, Lapel pin, and Letter from the Dean of the College of Pharmacy
- This award is based on APPE rotations 1-7
Facts & Comparison Excellence in Clinical Communication Award
- Eligibility: Doctor of Pharmacy graduating senior with distinguished academic standing and superior verbal and written clinical communication skills. The college will confirm academic eligibility.
- Award: Wolters Kluwer Certificate and a Lexicomp subscription
- Nominating a student for this award is a great way to recognize a student was a great clinical communicator.
Ronald B. Stewart Award for Excellence in Clinical Pharmacy
- Eligibility: Doctor of Pharmacy graduating senior with superior achievement in clinical pharmacy, outstanding academic performance, and professional conduct and attitude. The college will confirm academic eligibility.
- Award: Engraved clock
- Nominating a student for this award is a great way to recognize an outstanding student clinician.
Viatris Excellence in Pharmacy Award
- Eligibility: Doctor of Pharmacy graduating senior with superior academic achievement; superior proficiency in the provision of drug information or drug policy services; who demonstrates high professional motivation and the intent to enter practice upon graduation. The college will confirm academic eligibility.
- Award: Certificate, custom-framed lithograph entitled “Pharmacy: A Tradition of Healing,” and $250 grant
- Nominating a student for this award is a great way to recognize a motivated and practice-bound student who demonstrated outstanding literature evaluation skills.
The UF Student Spotlight was created to recognize an exceptional student in any area while on rotation.
There are three ways a preceptor may submit a nomination for a student
- Complete the Student Spotlight Survey link
- Login to UF CORE Elms
- From the Home page, click on Student Spotlight Survey
- On the student’s final evaluation, there is a link to submit the Student Spotlight Survey
Preceptors of the Year
UF College of Pharmacy awards eight different Preceptor of the Year Awards at the end of each rotation year (see award categories below).
Students may nominate preceptors by completing a Qualtrics Survey and describing the outstanding attributes and characteristics of the preceptor. Full-time faculty in the College of Pharmacy are not eligible for this award.
New Preceptor of the Year (Inpatient & Outpatient)
- Current APPE preceptor who has served as a preceptor for 1-5 years
Preceptor of the Year (Inpatient & Outpatient)
- Current APPE preceptor who has served as a preceptor for 6-10 years
Distinguished Preceptor of the Year (Inpatient & Outpatient)
- Current APPE preceptor who has served as a preceptor for more than 10 years
CIPPE and HIPPE Preceptor of the Year Award
- Current preceptor who has served as a CIPPE or HIPPE preceptor during the current year
The nominee(s) should set the following examples:
- Lead by example in all interactions with healthcare team
- Provide a safe environment to foster open communication and guidance to the student
- Deliver constructive feedback and still maintain student trust without impacting student self- confidence
- Accommodate student interests and abilities and adjusts rotation as needed
The nominee(s) should participate in faculty development programs and activities that foster his or her ability to teach student pharmacists. This may include:
- Presentation(s) on an education topic
- Serving as a mentor/supervisor for student pharmacists, other health care students, practitioners, and/or research projects
- Developing and/or delivering educational programs for other preceptors
- Participation in other areas of teaching at a school/college of pharmacy or other health care program.
The nominee(s) should participate in continued professional development to sustain and improve his or her individual practice competency and to advance the competencies of his or her practice site. This may include:
- Appointment to policy or other committees at the preceptor’s practice site
- Having privileges related to the preceptor’s practice site
- Involvement in collaborative practice with other health practitioners
- Attainment of professional/practice credentials
- Being a preceptor for pharmacy residents and other health professions
Community Service (Citizenship)
The nominee(s) should contribute to his or her professional and/or general community. This may include:
- Active involvement in local, state and/or national pharmacy organizations
- Demonstration of pharmacy innovation (e.g., creating new or revised practice models)
- Being an advisor for student pharmacists
- Active involvement in non-profit or other health-related organizations
- Participation in public awareness education campaigns.
Nominate a Preceptor for the current academic year; follow the instructions below:
How To nominate Preceptors: go to the Scheduling tab of your UF CORE
account and click on Nominations. This will create a drop-down list of your preceptors,
choose the preceptor from this list whom you would like to nominate for preceptor of
the year, fill in the comments based on the criteria above, and describe the outstanding
attributes and characteristics of the APPE and IPPE (Community and Hospital) preceptor.
Click on the nominate preceptor button to submit your nomination.
To see a list of past award winners, please visit the Preceptors of the Year page.
The UF Preceptor Spotlight was created to recognize outstanding preceptors and sites while on rotation.
There are three ways a student may submit a nomination for a preceptor
- Complete the Preceptor Spotlight Survey link
- In the canvas course under “Resources”
- On the preceptor/site final evaluation, there is a link to submit the Preceptor Spotlight Survey